According To Rules of the road, low beam headlamps must be turned on in the following cases:
In the dark time of the night and in poor visibility conditions irrespective of the lighting of the road, as well as in tunnels, the following lighting devices must be switched on on a moving vehicle:
- on all motor vehicles and mopeds – low beam headlight, on bicycles – headlights or torch lights, on animal-drawn carts – lights (if available);
- on the trailers and towed motor vehicles – tail lights.
When stopping and parking in the dark time of the night or on unlit roads, as well as in poor visibility conditions, the vehicle should have parking lights switched on. In the conditions of insufficient visibility in addition to the parking lights, low beam headlights, front fog lights and rear fog lights can also be switched on.
Fog lamps may be used:
- in the conditions of insufficient visibility with the low beam headlights;
- in the dark time of the night on unlit roads together with the low beam headlights;
- with the low beam headlights in accordance with the paragraph 19.5 of the Rules.
For the warning of overtaking instead of the sound signal (or together with it) the light signal can be used, which represents in the daytime – intermittent short-term turning on and off of the headlights, and in the dark time of night – multiple switching of the headlights from the low to the high beam.