Sign 5.1 → Sign 5.2
Sign 5.1 “Highway” is used to denote the roads, on which the requirements of the traffic Regulations, establishing the procedure for traffic on highway is applied.
Sign is set:
– in the beginning of highways;
– with sign 8.1.1 before closest to the beginning of the highway, turn or an intersection;
– with sign 8.1.3 or 8.1.4 before entrance on the highway at the intersections at different levels, in front of close to the highway intersection where the road joins the highway;
– with sign 8.3.1 before entry on the highway at the junction on the same level;
– with signs 8.3.1, 8.3.2 before entry on the highway, starting at the intersection on the same level.
Repeated signs 5.1 is allowed to be installed after the entry on the highway.
According to the Rules of the road:
“Highway” the road, marked with 5.1 and has for each direction of movement carriageways, separated from each other by a dividing lane/strip (and in the absence of it – barricades), without intersection on the same level with other roads, railway or tramway track, walking or cycling paths.
The speed of movement on a highway:
Outside built-up areas the movement is allowed:
– passenger cars and cargo vehicles with a permissible maximum weight of not more than 3.5 t, on highways – with a speed of not more than 80 km/h, on other roads – not more than 50 km/h;
– intercity and small buses and motorcycles on the roads – not more than 50 km/h;
– other buses, passenger cars with trailer, cargo vehicles with a permissible maximum mass of more than 3.5 tonnes on the highways – not more than 65 km/h, on other roads – not more than 50 km/h;
– cargo vehicles carrying people in the back- not more than 65 km/h;
– the means of transport, performing organized transportation of groups of children – not more than 65 km/h.
– The towing motor vehicles are allowed the movement at a speed not exceeding 65 km/h.